Saturday, March 5, 2011

Aquaponic Basement Garden Day 1

Got a pretty good bit done. Not as much as I would have liked but I'm not disappointed. Since this is my first build I'm having to learn as I go. The frame came out nice I still need to do some bracing it feels a bit shaky from left to right. I was very pleased the way the PVC work came out. I think I'm going to run the 4 inch PVC platform for right now. After everything is set up and I get the hang of things I will add the 4 rows of 3 inch PVC to the lower platform. Pretty pleased with the cost too on this project. Lumber was about $25.00 and all the PVC, tubing, connectors, elbows, screws, and miscellaneous stuff ran another $65.00. I am attempting to use a 55 gallon tank we used to keep pet fish in. Now that the frame is built though I am thinking of taking it out and using some large plastic storage bins. I have some around the house that are pretty large. If they aren't big enough I saw some that were about 100 gallon at Big Lots that were rather cheap. I can get 2 of them in there and should allow me to keep different size fish in each one. I think I can safely keep 125 Tilapia in 2 tanks this size. Well enjoy a few pictures from today's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment