Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great deal on a 110 gallon container for the fish!

Thanks to a buddy of mine I found a great deal on a 110 gallon stock tank at Tractor Supply. This tank is perfect size for my aquaponic system. It has a lot more room than that 55 gallon glass aquarium. It is meant to be a livestock feeder. They only had one in stock so I will wait till they get another in and pick up a second. At only $49.00 I couldn't do better. Now to find a pump and finish getting this thing set up. One step closer to completing my Aquaponic Basement Garden NFT system. Thanks for the advice I have been getting from everyone and my buddy Kris for the link to Tractor Supply.

3 comments:

  1. Good choice on the stock tank. I have used totes and they don't hold up well besides being too flimsy when you fill them with water. I use two 1375 gph pumps from harbor freight, but in less than a year the bearings are going out on one of them. The price was right, but the durability doesn't warrant using cheap pumps. I divert part of the flow directly back into the tanks to aerate the water, It works great that way. I am not into aquaponics, just doing hydroponics for now. It is too costly to get a permit for the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aquaponics tanks rafts floating in a relatively deep aquaculture basin in troughs. Raft tanks can be constructed to be quite large, and enable seedlings to be transplanted at one end of the aquaponics tank while fully grown plants are harvested at the other, thus ensuring optimal floor space usage.

    ReplyDelete