Thursday, March 24, 2011

Seedling update

Ok the addition of grow lights has definitely made the seedling stalks thicken up and they are looking much better now. I transplanted to tomatoes from the Jiffy starting trays to cups. They were all buried  up to their first set of stems. This will allow the part of the stalk buried to start growing roots all over it. When I go to put them in the ground I will have a much better root development. This will give me stronger healthier plants outside. Some of these will be going into the Aquaponic Basement Garden system as well. I am anxious to compare what I grow outside to what grows in the Aquaponic system. I am going to give it another 2 weeks before I start planting outside in my raised bed garden. I will also be experimenting with Straw bale gardening this year. I am excited to see how that works.






2 comments: