Sunday, May 29, 2011

As suggested we added some Koi

After being told the PH was too low at 6.2.  Even though everything I had read about goldfish had said anywhere from 5.8 to almost 8 could be handled by them. We have had it at 6.8 the last couple days and guess what, the ones that were alive seem a little livelier and seem to be breathing easier. Go figure. On a suggestion from a few forum members at different Aquaponic forums we picked up some Koi. We were told the Koi would be a little more hearty and tolerant  of water conditions than the cheapo feeder goldfish. We got a couple black Koi and platinum Koi. After leaving them in the bag about 30 min I introduced our water into there bag slowly a little more every few minutes. After about 15 min of this I released them and they seem to love it so far. I even got them on sale. I will give this a while and see how it goes. I still want to get some Trout or Tilapia but until then my plants still need food.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment