Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Averted Disaster

Well I was lucky I came home from work just in time to catch water overflowing from around the cups in one of my NFT tubes. After turning off the pump really quick I started to access the situation. After a few minutes of looking around.  I found the end of the tubes where the 3 collect into one tube and drop down into the fish tank were clogged with beautiful healthy white roots.  After pulling apart the tube collection area I had to trim about 3 ft of roots from each tube. After I did this I turned the pump back on and things seem to be running smooth again. I guess this is something I will need to start checking more often. I really don't know what trimming the roots that much will do. Hopefully there will be no adverse effects from trimming them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment