Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fish Day

I picked up an API 5 in 1 water test kit. This kit allows me to test PH, Nitrate, Nitrite, Carbonate and General Hardness by dipping 1 little strip in the water. I will test once a week and keep a log of levels.







After checking the levels and making sure everything was ok to add the starter goldfish we added 50 small goldfish we picked up from the pet store. They are really cheap and only cost about $5.50 for all of them. I added 10 at a time and spread it out over a couple hours to watch and make sure there were no problems. Just in case some started dying for some odd reason I wouldn't lose the whole batch. Below are some pictures of the fish in the bag from the store and then sitting in the tank getting acclimated to our water temperature.



And below the happy fish in there new home. They are on the small size compared to this tank so they are a little hard to see. I also added some large river pebbles from an established tank we have. I think this will help get things going in the system.



No comments:

Post a Comment